Thursday, January 30, 2014

Trust Like a Baby, Faith Like a Child




“Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." 
(Matthew 18:2-4ESV)

It's 3:30am and I am awake feeding my tiny newborn daughter. When she's finished, I hold her with one arm around her, and the other hand holding her tiny head and as I kiss her delicate cheeks, she melts into my hand, giving me all her 7lbs 10oz and trusting me fully, completely. Why? She doesn't know me. I haven't proven myself to her in any form or fashion. She does this because she has no other choice. She is 100% reliant on me for absolutely everything except the beat of her heart (Which God has assured me He's got under control). 

Using this precious, tiny, sleeping babe, God reminded me this is what he is seeking from me. Full, unadulterated, baby like trust, because just as I have my baby in my hands, so He has me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment