Monday, May 19, 2014

Forgiveness and Junebugs

Heavenly Father, I need your forgiveness tonight for totally missing a wonderful moment you gave me with my daughter. I squandered it and I see that now. 

"Momma, look at this funny bug..." 
"It's just a Junebug, Mae..." 

Then (oh the shame of it) I kicked it away and ordered her inside. 

My heart longs to go wake her up and examine that funny bug. She's never seen a Junebug before, at least not when she's been old enough to appreciate it. My soul cries out for you, oh Lord, to erase my haste from her mind and put there instead a calm that stops and takes her into my lap and points out the poky legs and hard shell that hides the wings. 

I know you can do everything but I also know you won't do that. Instead, you will give me another morning. Another Junebug. Another opportunity to learn from this and become more like you. 

For this lesson, Father, I am greatful. Praise you!
Amen!



These moments are fleeting. I will be more present in them. I will forgive myself for my weaknesses for where I am I weak, I am strong!! 
-2 Corinthians 12:10

No comments:

Post a Comment