Monday, February 17, 2014

So We Are Getting Rid of the Chickens


We sold the rabbits today. We are trying to give our chickens away (no we won't eat them- they're not mean ole roosters) and our quail are next. 

Joe has decided he wants to turn our mini farm/homestead into an actual home instead! Haha

We both work too hard all day to have to continue to work. We recently visited a friends house that has their back yard turned into an outdoor child's paradise! He said he wants that for our kids. Somewhere we can host and have all the kids over because right now, our back yard is home to three chickens and that's it. Total wasted space. 

We are also on a mission to redo our floors which means we have lots of crud to move around. I'm making it my mission to continue my dream of getting rid of everything! 

“If you wish to be perfect, go, sell your possessions, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.” (Mt 19:21)

We have too much! We don't need 47 cups! We don't need an entire drawer dedicated to socks. Our closet is packed full and all the clothes we actually wear are sitting on my vanity waiting to be shoved I there. I should just donate everything that's hanging and start fresh!

I've done pretty well at culling the girls room. And I have significantly culled my craft area (I still need more work in that department) but it's coming along. I've started going through our books on the front porch and if joe doesn't take them to the flea market by march, I'm either burning the ones that can't be donated and calling Salvation Army for the rest. (There are tons of old text books and teaching materials that are no longer valid that no one wants. And we like bonfires!) 

Our house is not relaxing. It is not a place of comfort. It is a place of stress for both of us. 

I just wish I knew what to do. I need a to do list. 

Tomorrow, the books on the inside bookshelf are going out to make room for the books we actually want to keep. Right now our shelves are full of books to sell. 

Also I'm going through my clothes again. 

We will start there

No comments:

Post a Comment