Friday, February 14, 2014

My Maddie Mae and Ferrero Rocher



My girl is getting so big! Sometimes I hold Charlie Ann and think, there's no way Mae was this tiny. Just now I peeked in to make sure she was asleep and her big ole honkin' feet were up on the wall and I am amazed at how big they were. They look just the same as when she was a baby all puffy on top with her little squidgy pinky toe nail. 
Tonight, she was tired and had a brief moment of disobedience and chose to not listen to her mommy repeatedly in front of her father. That earned her a spank and a time out in her room from Daddy. When she came back in and still chose to not listen for the second time, I marched her back to her room for another time out. This time she clung to me and begged me "Mommy sing to me! Sing to me to calm me down!" Well how could I not? So I sat with her on my lap and I rocked her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while I rocked her I sang "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." She then kissed me and we went back to the living room and she was ready to listen. 

Well tonight after her look and find book she chose for bedtime story, she grabbed my hand and looked me straight in the eyes and sang "love you forever, as long as I'm living, my mommy will be." 

And the day melts away. Until I go into the bedroom, and upon announcing that I think I have growing pains in my legs. I say "but I'm pretty sure I'm done growing" my funny husband says "up anyway..." Shortly thereafter I'm being showered with compliments about how good I look and how he knows I'm not growing out. This time I was able to laugh it off, a testament as to how far I've come over the last few weeks. Three weeks ago I would still be crying about it. 

Tonight, I grab an extra Ferrero Rocher. :-)

Happy Valentines day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment