Monday, May 6, 2013

Children's Birthday Party Expectations...for goodness sake!



Madeleine is turning two next month. Yikes! Well, yikes for two reasons I guess...that my baby is going to be TWO next month and that my baby is going to be two NEXT MONTH! I started thinking about parties in January and my mom told me I was jumpin the gun so I put it out of my mind for a while...then hullo! May pops up and I've nothing done.

So, I start brainstorming and getting excited and there's nothing like Pinterest to make you feel totally and utterly defeated inspired. :-/

I've wanted to do a tutu theme since I had her because she's turning 2 and I like plays on words. However, her 1st party was Pink...that's it just pink everything was pink. Tutus aren't much further from that and then I started getting anxious over my TWO YEAR OLDS BIRTHDAY PARTY!

No one comes to see what theme I have...and if you do, kindly head back out. They come to see my daughter and celebrate another year with her. Themes are fun but I can't let it consume me.

However...the kid loves Blue's Clue's so I may just go with that. I'll keep you updated (as if you're all waiting with bated breath on the theme of her second birthday party but humor me).

Anyone else at odds with childrens birthday expectations? Do you put them on yourself? Your kids put it on you? Your husband? Your mother/in-law? I'd love to hear how you deal with things like this!








Picture from Birthday Express so don't be surprised if you see these come June 8th. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment