Thursday, December 13, 2012

Finances in 2013: The Independence Initiative

Good evening everyone. I stumbled upon an interesting experiment a bloggy friend is doing over at biblicalhomemaking.blogspot.com where she uses Matthew 25 (the parable of the talents) as her basis for using $10.00 and investing it into a business. The rule is you can't use anything other than that $10.00. If she goes bust the experiment is over and she has to keep a detailed record of every cash transaction she does. Genius if I do say so myself.

So when I mentioned it to my husband he goes "you have 10.00 worth of stuff all over the place." Meaning why use a new 10.00 when we have profit literally collecting dust in our shed and waiting in my craft area to be turned into something lovely.

However, my hands are incapacitated at the moment due to severe carpal tunnel and de quarvains tendinitis. Tomorrow I have tests and then next week (the 21st) I'll have the surgery on both hands. Which still sounds really intense but I'll have both my hands fully functioning by the new year.

Which brings me to my conclusion...I will be on a major overhaul of my house due cluttering and turning everything I can make into something else and investing it into a business that I will be able to maintain even with chickens and rabbits and perhaps from anywhere we move in the future (even Montana or Nova Scotia) which will also be my bargaining tool to keep our wifi!

So she's calling it the $10 business or something like that. I think I'll call it Independence Initiative. I am fond of alliteration.

So please pray for my surgery next week and I'll keep you updated and informed.

"You are loved more than you will ever know, by someone who died to know you." -Romans 5:8
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment